SMR International offers expertise in strategic briefing and planning for new ways of managing and delivering information, knowledge, and strategic learning and for building a vision and framework to guide decision making in the management of knowledge assets. Since 1984, the company has been committed to the integration of strategy, research, and management expertise, believing that each informs the others. SMR International is known for the company’s research on client needs and assists clients through the following products and services:
* Knowledge strategy development—particularly transition planning—for enterprise-wide knowledge services, including an advisory service for organizations moving from print knowledge assets to digitized knowledge asset management.
* Knowledge services audit design and implementation, combining the methodologies of the standard needs analysis (asking what knowledge resources and services people require to do their work), the information audit (which determines how knowledge assets are actually used), and the knowledge audit (which looks at knowledge assets, how they are produced, and by whom).
* Management reviews in enterprise-wide information, knowledge, and strategic learning delivery, including knowledge development/knowledge sharing (KD/KS) studies.
Select Project Experience
- United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT), Nairobi, Kenya
- IntraHealth International, Chapel Hill, NC
- Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA), Melbourne VIC Australia
- Dag Hammarskjöld Library and Knowledge-Sharing Centre, United Nations, NY
- Experimental Aircraft Association, Oshkosh, WI
- International Finance Corporation (World Bank Group), Washington, DC
- United States National Commission on Libraries and Information Science (NCLIS), Washington, DC
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Washington, DC
- CAVAL Collaborative Solutions, Melbourne VIC Australia
- Initiative Fortbildung für Wissenschaftliche Spezialbibliotheken und Verwandte Einrichtungen E.V., Berlin Germany
- The National Academies/National Research Council, Washington, DC
- The New York Public Libraries – The Research Libraries, New York, NY
- Dynamic Research Corporation, Arlington, VA